Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Submitted art for a couple local art shows

Well, I've gotten a little bit back into creating art. As I'd suspected, what I needed was an art buddy. A friend of mine and I have started meeting once a month at her house for a couple of hours, just to create. It's a pretty introvert-friendly plan. We talk about making it more complicated, by adding participants or changing locations, but haven't gone that far just yet.

She has a great garden, and often when I've gone to her house I end up painting flowers she has in her house. Here's an example:

Peony Bouquet


Another couple of recently-created works, randomly chosen:

Quilled Egg

Renton Sunrise

I have submitted some of these art pieces to two local art venues. Since one of the applications asked for my website--ha, so professional they expect me to be!--I gave them this one. Then I figured, I'd better have something appropriate on here.

All of the pieces I'm doing right now are on 8x8 pieces of plywood, because one of the shows only sells in that format. I kind of like using the "necessity is the mother of invention" concept, so I could imagine myself using those 8x8 pieces for quite a while! Plus it's great to imagine that art I'm creating might leave my house. It makes it a little more fun to do, because it means that I can do more than one painting that is similar in style or subject.

I will post links to the art shows if I get into either!

No comments:

Post a Comment